Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Fearing God in a Hebel World: Dr. Bob McCabe

Dr. Bob McCabe is a scholar who teaches Old Testament at Detroit Baptist Theological Seminary, which is, from all I've seen, the finest self-identified fundamentalist seminary out there. Dr. McCabe staunchly supports (and rightly, I believe) a literal interpretation of the days of Genesis 1 as normal 24-hour days, and believes in a young earth (again, rightly, I believe). His excellent blog, Fearing God in a Hebel World, has some very helpful posts and links to more in-depth writings. I particularly commend the following two which have caught my eye recently: "Critique of the Framework Interpretation" "Evidence Incompatible with an Old Earth" See also his journal articles critiquing the framework hypothesis here, and check out "Defending the Foundation of the Gospel: Literal Days in the Creation Week"

2 comments:

Allen R. Mickle, Jr. said...

Dr. McCabe is an OT scholar par excellance! I would heartily recommend any of his writings and if you ever got a chance, to take any of his classes. I never knew the OT could be so much fun and I never knew Hebrew could be so painful! :) I'll never forget Hebrew Exegesis of Amos with the good Dr.!

Allen Mickle

Glorygazer said...

Allen, In addition to your suggestions, Dr. McCabe's audio from the Mid-America Conference on Preaching has been helpful to me. I've ordered the .mp3 CDs of the conferences from 2004-2006, and particularly enjoyed the messages on preaching from Job and the Psalms. Good stuff!